I got the following error as I tried to run a console application to get data from SharePoint 2010:

the web application at ... could not be found. verify that you have typed the url correctly. if the url should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new request url mapping to the intended application.

The problem is that the default settings for a console project are .Net Framework 4 and Platform target X86. Change these settings to .Net Framework 3.5 and x64 and everthing will work fine.


Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint Web Folders - Create a Desktop Shortcut to a SharePoint library on Windows XP with and without SSL

Ways to redirect http requests in SharePoint

Open SharePoint 2010/2013 Display, Edit, New Forms in Modal Dialogs