SharePoint 2010 Search Web Service returns "Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation"

Turns out that the search service has problems when anonymous authetication is on. I have a custom tool to test my search, that connects to the search service and performs queries. Every time I tried to query the service I got this error.

I could not easily disable anonymous authetication on my server because we used it for some sites.

This article helped me to find a solution: The SharePoint Search Service and Anonymous Access (Trinkit Blog)


Anonymous said…
Hi Baris,

Thanks for sharing this information and solution along with link.

Sharepoint Developers

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint Web Folders - Create a Desktop Shortcut to a SharePoint library on Windows XP with and without SSL

Ways to redirect http requests in SharePoint

Open SharePoint 2010/2013 Display, Edit, New Forms in Modal Dialogs